Thursday, August 26, 2004

Weblog Reloaded...

Welcome!

If you're here, you probably followed the breadcrumbs from the Original Weblog That Derek Built, and are probably familiar with the kind of stuff that I write. For anyone that's curious, the little Mission Statement I have somewhere on this page (as I write this I don't actually know what my Weblog looks like, yet) will give you the basics. I liken it to that little bit of narration during the opening credits of a TV series -- the one that tells you that Felix Unger's wife kicked him out of the house, that Caine is looking for his lost brother, that the Enterprise is on a five-year mission -- that sets you up with the basic premise for each episode.

Why do I feel the need to keep elaborating? Because this is a new website, and I'm breaking it in, I guess.

The main character in the writing I do here is the game of baseball. Specifically, the Yankees -- the team I've followed since I was 8 years old. I try to approach baseball writing with a little bit of history, a strong dose of analysis, and a large pinch of humor.

Aside from baseball, I do have a side project of reviewing every movie I see in a movie theater. I'll try to make these as quick and painless as possible.

Beyond that, nothing's out of bounds. I might bring in a friend or two to write about sports other than baseball, or arts other than film. I'm making this up as I go along, pretty much the same as I've been doing since January of this year, when I started in the blogging game.

I finally have a comments section, so feel free to tell me what you think, make suggestions or requests (hopefully not of the please-jump-off-a-tall-building type), or just say hello. If you click on the title to this post you'll find a link to my old webpage, so that you can read my archived articles. Soon, I'll give you links to all the other bloggers and newssources I waste my day on.

Below, you'll find that I've gotten a head start on my blogging. Enjoy, and feel free to sound off about anything you read here.

1 comment:

MikeM said...

Welcome to Blogspot. I've been enjoying your stuff on your old site for a while now. Keep the good stuff a comin'